Sunday, March 05, 2006

Sunday Hymn

"I Could Not Do Without Thee" is another hymn I first heard at Heritage Bible Church and have so missed hearing since. The words are by Frances Havergal (1873), arranged by Craig Curry.

I could not do without Thee
O Savior of the lost,
Whose precious blood redeemed me
At such tremendous cost.
Thy righteousness, thy pardon,
Thy precious blood must be
My only hope and comfort,
My glory and my plea.

I could not do without Thee,
I cannot stand alone,
I have no strength or goodness,
No wisdom of my own;
But Thou, beloved Savior,
Art all in all to me,
And weakness will be power
If leaning hard on Thee.

I could not do without Thee,
O Jesus, Savior dear;
E’en when my eyes are holden,
I know that Thou art near.
How dreary and how lonely
This changeful life would be,
Without the sweet communion,
The secret rest with Thee!

I could not do without Thee,
For years are fleeting fast,
And soon in solemn loneness
The river must be passed;
But Thou wilt never leave me,
And though the waves roll high,
I know Thou wilt be near me,
And whisper, “It is I.”

1 Comments:

Blogger cbo said...

This is one of my favorite hymns to hear and sing. The music to this particular arrangement really fits well with the words.

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home