Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Childhood Reading

. . . because when you read a book as a child, it becomes part of your identity in a way that no other reading in your whole life does, and . . . and I've gotten carried away.
~ Kathleen Kelly (Meg Ryan), "You've Got Mail"

A few days ago I was talking with another teacher about books she could read with her six-year-old daughter this summer, and it made me quite nostalgic over books I read when I was younger. Just a few that I loved:

Bread and Jam for Frances
(Russell Hoban)










Little House in the Big Woods
(Laura Ingalls Wilder)










B is for Betsy
(Carolyn Haywood)










What books did you read as a child that you've never forgotten?

1 Comments:

Blogger cbo said...

The one I immediately thought of was Harry and the Lady Next Door. I also read a lot of the Little Golden books too like The Pokey Little Puppy, and The Little Engine That Could, and Scuffy the Tugboat.
Thanks for the walk down memory lane.

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home