Monday, July 02, 2007

Back in Business

So I haven't posted in . . . a really long time. That delay was due primarily to the fact that I couldn't access my blog for quite a while (and with the busyness of the end of the school year, I wasn't motivated to solve the problem). Since I know so little about how these things work, I won't attempt to muddle through an explanation, but I think I've solved the problem (or at least sidestepped it) by creating a Gmail account. All that really matters to me is that I can post again! :-)

I'm also not going to attempt a recap of the last three months. Suffice it to say that the school year ended (my fourth at Ad Fontes Academy). The students I taught as a first year teacher (9th grade English) graduated from high school this year, so there was a sense of having come full circle. Because Jeff and I are moving soon, I won't be returning to Ad Fontes next year.


Jeff and I are moving (in 10 days!) to Louisville, Kentucky, so that Jeff can begin the Master of Divinity program at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary this fall. We'll be there for (at least) the next 3-4 years. And that move is prompting a change of sorts in my blogging purpose. I didn't originally intend this blog to be "diary-like," but I am going do more of those sorts of posts (hopefully accompanied by photos) as a way of keeping in touch with family and friends. I also intend to continue to post about books, literature, movies, etc.; but there will be a somewhat stronger emphasis on details of our life in Louisville.

So that's a quick update! I'm glad to be back!

5 Comments:

Blogger Pastor Timothy said...

So, maybe we can see you next year when we attend the New Attitude Conference! That'd be fun.

Thanks for the update.

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back from the void, dear voidly friend! :-)

7:43 PM  
Blogger Lydia said...

it's good to have you back! :)

9:25 PM  
Blogger Bet said...

Yay! Andrea's back. I'll be glad to hear tidbits of your life in Louisville. Blogs can have lots of different purposes at different times. Go for it! :)

6:33 AM  
Blogger Beverly said...

I'm glad to see your post. I got an e-mail from Comment in Canada today, and the feature article was by Jeff. I thought to myself, well, I know him!

Best wishes on your move. I'll be looking forward to reading more about your new life in Louisville.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home