Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Miss Ruffner & Mrs. Cavanaugh

Today is my last day at school this week. Since the wedding's on Saturday and Christmas break begins at the end of the day on Friday, I'm taking off tomorrow, Thursday, and Friday. My students seem to have just realized this week that I won't be "Miss Ruffner" when we come back to school in January. They've been asking how to spell Cavanaugh, how to pronounce Cavanaugh, and whether or not I'll even realize they're talking to me when they say, "Mrs. Cavanaugh." Someone's suggested that I take to wearing a name tag for the first few weeks of January. I just may have to do that. Though how will I see it . . . ? :-)

6 Comments:

Blogger cbo said...

You know how it is with students, it will likely come out sounding more like "Miss Cavanaugh" eventually. :) Of course there are the exceptions--it's been half a school year, and I'm still reminding my students that Mrs. Bohannon is my mom.
I hope these next few days are relatively stress free and enjoyable.

5:51 AM  
Blogger Pastor Timothy said...

Blessings on your wedding! Tracy really wishes she could be there. We really tried, but it didn't work out.

Have a wonderful week. ENJOY!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Oh, my, best wishes to you, my dear. May you have a wonderful wedding and a wonderful life to follow. God bless you both.

6:23 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

I'm a little worried about remembering, myself!! Go ahead and wear the nametag...we'll remind each other. :-)

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how Timothy said, "Have a great week!" You'll be on your honeymoon! Of course, you're going to have a great week! HA! Enjoy!
Tracy

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I even had a student put Mr. Cooper on a paper once. I told him I wasn't sure who that was, so he might not get a grade.
Congrats friend!

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home