Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Wedding Update

I have been horridly neglectful of this blog lately. I feel like I ought to do blogger penance. (Which makes me curious as to what blogger penance might look like. Hmmm.)

I wanted to post just a brief update on wedding plans. Jeff and I finished our marriage counseling and have set our wedding date for December 16, which means we have just about 8 weeks left. Many details have fallen into place; other items are still in progress, but things are moving along quite well.

I didn't even need to go dress shopping, which was quite a relief. While there's the whole image of a bride searching diligently for her dress and then tearing up when she finds "the one," I had no illusions of such a process, having gone through wedding dress shopping with my sister two years ago. It's actually just a lot of hard work. We have a family friend whose dress I've always loved, and, serendipitously, we're the same height and size. We had her dress cleaned and restored, and it's ready to go. I also found the bridesmaids' dresses this past Saturday; the dresses are a deep brown ("espresso") taffeta from Ann Taylor's wedding line, Celebrations.

Jeff and I registered together at Crate & Barrel and Target -- it was energizing at the beginning of the evening and exhausting by the end. I actually found the little things to be more daunting -- which spatula should we choose out of the fifteen available!

I ordered the invitations and at first put down "District of Colombia." It hit me about 48 hours later that actually, no, Andrea, you are not getting married in a South American country; thankfully, I was able to change it to "Columbia" (they'd caught it as well). I don't think I'd ever live down that error. (So you think you can teach English?) How ironic.

So that's where we are!

2 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Blogger penance is: "I shall not horridly neglect this blog anymore," for one thousand consective blog entries. :-)

10:57 PM  
Blogger cbo said...

I'm so happy to hear that things are coming together. I know your wedding will be absolutely beautiful. Thanks for the update. :)

5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home