Friday, August 04, 2006

Girls just wanna have fun

This weekend, one of my dearest friends from college is in town (she is also a teacher). We spent today in delightful luxury. Recently, another teacher suggested that we view each day of summer as making up for a particular day in the school year, which I considered to be a fabulous approach. This day more than makes up for a certain long day in March!



9:30 am ~ Breakfast of eggs, scones, strawberries, and coffee

11:45 am ~ Manicure and pedicure

2:30 pm ~ Afternoon tea at the Ritz-Carlton

4:15 pm ~ Browsing (and buying)
at Crane's

7:30 pm ~ Dinner at home

9:00 pm ~ Godiva chocolate, coffee, and "I Capture the Castle"

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day!
:)
How is the movie version of that book?
I enjoyed the book so much, I hope they didn't ruin it.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

The movie isn't as fabulous as the book, but I do like the movie (and I like it more with each viewing). This was my third time watching this movie, and I really enjoyed it this time.

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And how in the world did it turn into an R movie? I can't think of anything in the book that would make it that!

3:00 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Don't you remember Topaz and her worship of nature?

Topaz is certainly the happiest for she still thinks it's romantic to be married to father and live in a castle; and her painting, her lute, and her wild communing with nature are a great comfort to her. I would have taken a bet that she had nothing whatever on under her oilskins and that she intended to stride up the mound and then fling them off. . . . She has no particular interest in nudism for its own sake, but she has a passion for getting into closest contact with the elements. ~ from p. 49

That's why! :-)

5:04 PM  
Blogger cbo said...

I'm actually jealous, and I'm in Paris right now. There is nothing like spending quality time with dear friends. Pampering yourselves is a plus too. I'm glad you both had a wonderful time.

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home