Friday, August 11, 2006

Blog Discoveries

I've recently come across two blogs that I wanted to mention. Both center on aspects of the Old Testament.

Abraham's Altars is a blog kept by my dear friend Megan who is nearing the completion of a independent study degree. For her culminating project, she will be working on a spiritual memoir that uses the story of Abraham as a frame. She plans to post related writings on this new blog.

In Sights is a blog kept by Emily Gray, whom I do not know personally but who attended the same college as I (and whose site I discovered through a series of links originating with Will). Emily records her observations on this blog as she reads through the Old Testament. Her focus has been on II Samuel for the most part (which I'm glad about, since I plan to read Robert Alter's translation of I and II Samuel when I complete his Pentateuch translation). You can read her philosopy of reading and recording in her first entry here.

I continue to have my love and appreciation for the Old Testament deepened, and these two sites are yet another aid in that pursuit. Enjoy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Many thanks for the shout-out, dear friend!

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home