Friday, August 18, 2006

I Love Lucy

Today I watched two episodes from season 1 of "I Love Lucy." I love rewatching these shows. They make me feel like a kid again, when every morning we would watch "Lucy" at 9:00 and 9:30. Over lunch, my sisters and I watched "Pioneer Women," the one where Lucy and Ethel face off against Ricky and Fred over who can survive longer in an early 1900s lifestyle. The thing I always remember about this one is the huge loaf of bread that comes out of the oven. Completely unrealistic, and quite hilarious. Then tonight, while I had lemon bars in the oven, I watched "Be a Pal," where Lucy tries to rekindle romance with Ricky after he keeps ignoring her over the breakfast table. The end of this one always cracks me up -- Lucy decorates the apartment in a Cuban style and tries to sing along to recorded music (which keeps speeding up or slowing down).

If you love Lucy, what are some favorite moments?

6 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

The "vitameatavegimin" episode is classic, of course, and the episode where Lucy and one of the Marx Bros. do a "mirror" routine...brilliant!!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Cavie Family said...

Hey Andrea, ask Jeff to watch some Lucy episodes with you :). Stephanie and Abby watch Lucy every afternoon during lunch.
One of our favorites is "First Stop", when the Ricardos and the Mertzes are on their way to Hollywood, and they stop at a run down cafe (and end up staying the night there). We always laugh so hard when the train goes by, the whole cabin shakes, and the bed moves all over the room.

-The Cavie Girls

9:56 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

I was just teasing Jeff tonight about Lucy! :-) What kind of person doesn't love Lucy??!!

I love the travel episodes -- the trips to Hollywood and Europe. I love the one where Lucy has to be flown out to the ship b/c she's been left behind!

11:11 PM  
Blogger cbo said...

It is too hard to pick! I love the Hollywood episode where she goes to the Brown Derby and meets Bill Holden. The whole scene where she puts on the fake nose (which ends up being set on fire) to disguise herself is so hilarious! Another favorite of mine is when she tries to take cheese disguised as a baby wrapped in a blanket onto the plane when returning from Europe. I learned my lesson from watching her and didn't try it myself. :)

9:31 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Oh I love the cheese episode! :-)

10:49 PM  
Blogger FellowElder said...

Jeff,
Why don't you love Lucy? Inquiring minds want to know :-)

For me, it's the non-stop whining! Poor Ricky. I would have loved more music from Ricky and the band. I love Latin music.

Thabiti

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home